Tuesday 26 February 2013

Changes

So, this week something amazing happened. A great big glowing ball of heat rose high in the sky and illuminated the world. I was shocked. Totally stunned. I'd been so used to going for my runs in the cold, rain, wind and snow that I wasn't quite sure I was prepared for...SUN!

(c) M.A. Stacie

It was a glorious run, and even though my legs ached, I did another lap of the park. Little N loved every moment of it. I've also managed to get in two solo 5k runs, and my times are faster without the stroller. I never thought that would be the case, but the numbers speak for themselves. 


Running is a strange sport: you seem to stay consistent for so long, then there's a large improvement. I see changes in my body--besides the 45lb weight loss. My legs are toned, my arms have muscles, and don't get me started on my lung capacity! 


Running is something I will never regret starting, and when I cross that finish line on my first race it will be one one of my greatest achievements. No matter what my time is. When I'm feeling a little down or crappy I now have something that can almost instantly alter that. I run, knowing that the rush I get afterward will lighten the rest of my day.


Next week I'm back at work after 10 months of maternity leave. It means my morning runs will have turn into afternoon runs twice a week. I really enjoy my time running in the morning. The park is quiet and most of the time the weather is clear. It will take a little adjustment but it's only twice a week, right?

Stay tuned....


No comments:

Post a Comment